Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tile Spotting in Pescadero

























I was in Pescadero last weekend and spotted these lovely hand painted tiles mounted on a patio wall outside a retreat center I visited.

























Though terrible mounted in cement (ugh) I think they could be Catalina tiles. Or are at least representative of the California Art Tile movement.



























The above tile might just be my favorite of the two geometric one's. I am a real sucker for the sea foam color.


























Standing alone these tiles make less of an impact...clustered together (as typically mounted) they are far more striking!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One time a friend from LA came up and was amazed by the great spanish archetecture that we have in this neighborhood. I'll send her a link, if I can figure out how to do it. Lates.

Kriss